Carhartt X Vestax: Handy Trax
Some say that buying vinyl discs these days makes you a romantic. Others claim that music pressed on vinyl is a cultural asset worth preserving. Carhartt says: vinyl just sounds better.
This is a beast, only £150, and you can buy it here.
For the Fall/Winter Collection 2009 Carhartt is cooperating exclusively with Japanese company Vestax to bring a limited edition of the Handy Trax USB turntable into the shops – a portable record player for all-round use.
This vinyl player is the perfect pulse generator for picnics that turn into cosy open-air parties. It is also the perfect listening device for every dyed-in-the-wool vinyl enthusiast during extensive excavation trips at fl ea markets and record shops.
A tough plastic casing and the capability to operate at angles of up to 90 degrees make the Handy Trax player fit for universal use. On top of this, a stereo line-out makes hooking it up to your hi-fi system at home easy and a mini line-in jack also allows you to connect external devices such as MP3 players.
If you prefer to listen to your music digitally but own a large analogue collection, you can easily transform your vinyl into binary code via the newly integrated USB port. A transformation that results in loss of sound quality, of course…
That’s why Carhartt recommends using your Vestax Handy Trax USB turntable for nothing else but vinyl.
Vestax Turntable Handy Trax USB Features:
• USB port• Recording software “Audacity” included (for Mac and PC)
• Belt drive
• Battery operation (6 x AC12V) or mains operation (external power adaptor included).• Inbuilt speaker (mono)
• Stereo line-out (mini jack) for connection to hi-fi systems (Aux in), DJ mixers, etc.
• Line-in (mini jack) for connection of external devices like MP3 or CD players• Headphone line-out
• Three speed setting 33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm
• Pitch control and tone control dials
• Master level fader• Works at angles of up to almost 90 degrees!
• Tough plastic casing with detachable cover